Precautionary measures imposed to stop Covid-19 from spreading.
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte raised the alert level to Code Red Level 2 in the Philippines. He also announced that the whole Metro Manila will be put on community quarantine.
Pres. Duterte announced ban of travel to and form Metro Manila: NO domestic land, sea, or air travel to and from Metro Manila allowed from 12:00 AM of March 15 – April 14, 2020.
What are the areas included? Manila, Caloocan, Las Piñas, Makati, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Pasay, Pasig, Paranaque, Quezon City, San Juan, Taguig, Valenzuela, and Pateros.
If you’re in Metro Manila:
- If you’re not a student, you may still go out of your house for important things, but just within Metro Manila.
- If you’re a student, you are highly encouraged to stay inside your homes and study your lessons well and/or do something productive.
- Barangay-wide quarantine is advised when there are 2 cases from different households; Municipality/city-wide quarantine is advised when there are 2 cases from different barangays, Province-wide quarantine is advised when there are 2 cases from different cities/municipalities.
- President Duterte extends suspension of classes in ALL LEVELS in Metro Manila (National Capital Region) until April 12, 2020.
More key COVID19 decisions:
• Executive branch work is suspended
• Flexible work arrangement in private sector is encouraged
• Mass public transport like LRT, MRT and PNR will continue operations, but social distancing guidelines will be provided by DOTR.